I have only a moment to explain, and can’t give details due to privacy. But this is our big chance to see the Lord at work. This is our moment to see faith in action! I’m praying for someone who doesn’t want circumstances to be known, but the truth is that she is already known…by the Lord God Almighty! She doesn’t want to be defined by her cancer, but that fear is unfounded. Because the only one who matters would never define her by the disease that ravishes her body. She will always be seen by her perfect Father as a beloved, precious, passionate, generous, and faithful child.
Things look grim, but this IS THE TIME for the Lord’s perfect intervention. His timing is perfect, He has never done anything wrong. Please don’t think that I believe no one should suffer, or that everyone should be healed. Because I don’t. He has plans I don’t understand. BUT, I do not believe this is one of those times. I believe this is a time to put our faith into action and do what we were told to do! There are debatable things but there are also clear promises:
- Jesus answered, “Because your faith is to small. I tell you the truth, if your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. All things will be possible for you. –Matthew 17:20
- “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, fall into the sea.’ And if you have no doubts in your mind and believe that what you say will happen, God will do it for you. So I tell you to believe that you have received the things you ask for in prayer, and God will give them to you.” –Mark 11:22-24
- Jesus said to the father, “You said, ‘If you can!’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” Immediately the father cried out, “I do believe! Help me to believe more!” –Mark 9:23-24
- Then a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years came behind Jesus and touched the edge of His coat. She was thinking, “If I can just touch His clothes, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw the woman and said, “Be encouraged, dear woman. You are made well because you believed.” And the woman was healed from that moment on.–Matthew 9:20-22
- Anyone who is sick should call the church’s elders. They should pray for and pour oil on the person in the name of the Lord. And the prayer that is said with faith will make the sick person well’ the Lord will heal that person. And if the person has sinned, the sins will be forgiven. –James 5:14-5:15
It is hard to pray and believe your prayers will be answered, especially when so many are not answered the way we want. So, do we wimp out and stop hoping? Stop believing? Stop bothering? Sometimes. But not today. Today, we remember the many, many prayers He has answered, and call on that covenant-keeping God to hear us again. To show us His glory in this woman, to complete the good work He did in her, so that countless will turn and be saved because of His mighty name!
Matthew 7:22 says, “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”. The thing I notice in there is that those people did what they believed was expected of them–prophesy (which can be sharing the Word), driving out demons and performing miracles–and Jesus didn’t argue that this wasn’t right. He was upset because they didn’t Know Him. Well, we KNOW Him and seek Him now. Sometimes as we know Him, He shows us to pray certain ways. Other times it’s our own fear or doubts that convince us to pray certain ways. Today, I choose to pray how I believe He desires, which is for supernatural healing and comfort of a rapidly perishing body. Please prayerfully consider joining in.